Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Very BRIGHT Idea! Our Metal Bottle Drying Rack Turned {topsy turvy} Chandy!

QUICK!

You've got to go over to


to see just what she has done
with one of our bottle racks.

I think I audibly gasped when I was scrolling down
through the pictures on her blog and saw
what I THOUGHT was our bottle rack.
but something was "off"...
I felt my head involuntarily turning to the side
to figure out my orientation and
I realized...
THIS GAL HAS ASSEMBLED THE THING
UPSIDE DOWN
and she's using it to hold her
crafting supplies

AND

while she's at it...

HAS TURNED IT INTO A CHANDELIER!

It looks like something Anthro would do!

Ummmmmmmmm

I'm speechless.

And in awe.

She got the box from us
just
THIS MORNING
and look what she's already
accomplished!

{And I've been TALKING about painting
my kitchen cabinets for weeks!}
:)

She is funny, funny, funny in how she very
honestly shows the assembly process of the rack.
Donna actually assembled the whole thing
the "normal" way...
THEN
took it apart and
re-worked it into the shape it
now has
and then illuminated it....

Speechless...
just speechless...

Please -- go go go
over to
and see for yourself....

I'm still sitting here with my jaw on my desk...

~Ruth~

9 comments:

Simply Me Art said...

How Clever is She! Wow.. I LOVE this idea..That is my kind of lady thinkin outside of the box. Great, Great Idea. Ruth, Get painting in that kitchen of yours. Thanks for sharing too, Jamie

Donna Reyne' said...

Hey Missy! I guess you liked it!

Well, of course this only means one thing...

I will have to place an order
(and soon) for another one of these drying racks!

because I love the piece and still want one to sit on my workbench.


I forgot to tell you...
I used a new product(I've just finished washing from my hair and hands) on the whole piece.

IT'S GALVENIZED!

A messy process...but oh so...cool!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and get lots done on that kitchen of yours...your friend

(who's just watching your back for you)...donna

Faded Plains said...

What a fantastic idea...off to check out her blog.

The Flying Bee said...

Sorry, I had to come over and say.....THIS IS AWESOME! Go Donna! She's so great, huh? I have enjoyed getting to know her.
Oh, and wait til you see what I found yesterday...I can't wait to show you.

xo,
Adrienne

Rebecca Lewis said...

Ruth you are so right ~ it is completely AWESOME! Love it! Have a great weekend, Rebecca

Kasey said...

great idea!!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Love...love...love your blog!!!

Beautiful!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Free Art Printables said...

Ruth, that is so cool.. I am going to check it out!

Beadboard UpCountry said...

Brilliant! I always used these things to hang ribbon on in the shop but not upside down! How clever!